Of course we have (7) Georgia vs. (13) LSU, which should be a great game. I am not sure why Georgia is not getting much love. I guess because of they stunk up the joint against Alabama, and they barely put away Vanderbilt. I think you can excuse the ‘Bamma game as being cocky and overconfident; the “Black Out” crap if you will. Plus Alabama played a great game. The Vandy game had to be a look ahead to LSU and Florida. According to The Online Wire
“The line opened with LSU favored by 3.5 on the point spread earlier this week but even though the betting public is split on whom to put money on, the line has moved down which likely means someone “in the know” likes Georgia as well.”
I think Georgia wins outright by 10; say 27-17.
|In other SEC action …|
- (10) Florida easily over Kentucky at the Swamp.
- Mississippi St. invited Middle Tennessee St. to Scott Field for a scrimmage. Could the Sun Belt pull down a nice upset? Not today.
- Vanderbilt invited Duke to town to help them qualify for a bowl game for the first time in forever. The Commodores ends the day 6-2 and bowl eligible.
- Mississippi visits Arkansas, but will anyone notice? Ole Miss wins just because I have to make a pick.
- Tennessee hosts (2) Alabama. This seems to be a popular upset special, but I do not see it.
Another big game that I am really interested in is (6) Oklahoma St vs. (1) Texas. It sucks that the Georgia and Texas games are on at the same time, but I guess I will have to flip channels between commercials. I am expecting another Texas shoot out. When did the Big 12 become all WAC and no defense? I think a lot of folks want Texas to stumble in order for Penn St, USC, or God forbid, Ohio St. to sneak back into the National Championship picture. Good grief!
Speaking of Big Ten suckiness, Prime Time on ABC features (3) Penn St vs. (9) Ohio St. This one wants to make me throw up. Do I pull for the Nittany Lions, which means they go to the National Championship game despite a super weak schedule? I think I would rather stab my eyes out than root for the Buckeyes. If Ohio St wins, at least they have already shown they should not be a title contender. Would voters really give them a third crack at this thing? Shoot me now.
Go Dawgs! Hook ’em Horns! Happy Saturday!