After a successful run of 29 posting days in the last 30 days, I had to take a day off. Sorry, but that is the way it goes.
- Copa America – I have not seen any of Team USA’s games, but it sounds like we have not done very well, going down to Argentina 4-1, and Paraguay 3-1. ESPN.com had an interesting story about the MLS, the US National Soccer team, and the absence of Donovan from Copa America. At some point, we will have to make a commitment to these types of tournaments if we ever want to truly turn the corner as a soccer power. The only way you get better is by making commitments to play teams like Argentina. Keepings my fingers crossed to sooner rather than later.
- WoW – I finally made L38, but it was a struggle. I may play some tomorrow, but at this rate it will take me forever and a day to make a serious push towards L70.
- OOTPB 2007 – My team (the Columbus Kudzu) pretty much stinks this year, but I have still managed a 50-50 record, which is only 4 GB of the wild card. I really like this game, but I never seem to have the time to dedicate to getting better. When I first started playing OOPTB (I think v6.0), I enjoyed playing solo, but with 2006 (ouch) and 2007 I only simulated a few historic seasons to see how the engine worked. In a perfect world I would be able to spend enough time playing solo to kick booty in online leagues, but it is not a perfect world.
- Jeff Gordon – As predicted, he did not miss a beat. He is on such a roll that I really do not see anything slowing him down anytime soon. Is it too soon to hand him the Championship? After watching the race Sunday, I kept thinking that maybe I should pick up NASCAR 08, but I am going to try hard to resist temptation. F1CE should be enough to hold my attention, but it is hard to resist the new shiny.
- NCAA Football 2008 – Speaking of the new shiny, I still have not preordered the game, but I assume I will at some point. I need to check again to see if I am going to hate the game if it has 30 frames per second missing (my attempt at sarcasm).
On a personal note, yesterday at my postop appointment, my doctor told me that my biopsy came back clean. Happy days! There is probably some other stuff to write about, but I want to go play a game or watch a moving or have a stiff drink. Or maybe all three.
Hope everyone has a great 4th of July!